Time: August 6, 2012 from 9am to 5:30pm
Location: Univ of Penn, close to Subway and Trolleys
Street: 3401 Walnut Street (corner of 34th and Walnut, entrance next to Starbucks)
City/Town: Philadelphia PA
Website or Map: http://agile.conscires.com/1-…
Event Type: training, donation, scrum, agile
Organized By: John Voris, Lead Coordinator
Latest Activity: Jul 5, 2012
A Pay-It-Forward Training Event.
(For those unemployed or under-employed, donations-payment is encouraged. By choosing the donation-only option when signing up on bottom of the web page, attendees may choose any price they are comfortable paying)
This 1-day course teaches the principles and practices that make Scrum effective at managing projects. The course itself uses the principles of Scrum, where the learning outcome is driven by the needs of the participants through a combination of expert instruction and self-directed learning.
* Scrum in Practice: the course is designed to illustrate Scrum in action.
* Understanding of the Agile Manifesto and what it means to them.
* Essence of Scrum: values, foundations and a new way of thinking.
* Understanding how Scrum values and foundations are related to the practices.
* Get a sense of what self-organization is (and is not).
* Can draw a diagram of mechanics of Scrum: framework, roles, artifacts & flow
Location is Univ of Pennsylvania at 3401 Walnut